Fall at the Beach with Pat White



Help me welcome PAT WHITE to our humble blog!


I can still hear the sound of the waves



What's happening in the Pacific Northwest Pat?











Fall is an amazing time of year in the Pacific Northwest.  My family and I decided to spend part of our fall at the beach in Oregon.  There’s nothing like the sound of waves crashing up on the shore, or the smell of sea air or… stalking seagulls. Yep, you read that right.  The seagulls got awfully chummy as they tried to talk us out of our picnic lunches.

We had a blast playing football on the sand and catch-me-if-you-can with the waves.  Oh, and the nighttime campfires were amazing. My mouth is watering at the memory of the S'mores… yum!
The clouds blocked our sunset but still...




Anyway, I love so many things about the beach, and find the ocean both relaxing and creatively stimulating.  I dreamt up three new books while lying on the sand ignoring Fred the seagull’s death ray glare (after a while we just started naming them). However, those stories will have to wait a bit.  I have a book deadline for my alter ego, Hope White.

So, not only do I write YA thrillers and contemporary romances as Pat White, but I also I write romantic suspense as Hope White.  Christmas Undercover is out this month featuring rogue FBI agent Sara Vaughn, and Will Rankin, single dad of two little girls.  While on a hike in the mountains, Will finds Sara in a wounded and disoriented state.  When he tries to help, she thinks he’s an assassin hired to kill her and threatens him with a gun! Talk about a rocky start to a relationship.  Christmas Undercover received a 4-star review from RT Bookclub Magazine and is the fourth book in my search-and-rescue series.  However, you don’t need to read the first three in the series to enjoy this charming tale of a hardened agent learning to love and trust again.

I’m excited to announce the redesign of my contemporary romance covers for the Ringside Romance series.  Just in time for the holidays, the first book in the series is free!  It's a novella titled The Perfect Match.  Two of the books in the series were named Top Picks from Romantic Times Bookclub Magazine, and the third received a 4.5 star review. The Ringside Romance books are set in the crazy world of professional wrestling, featuring well-muscled hunks and the women who try to tame them. 

The holidays are closing in fast, and along with this wonderful time of year comes added stress—what to buy hubby for Christmas, Thanksgiving Dinner conflicts with Da’ Bears game, oh, and I have not one but two book deadlines.  I think October is a good month to practice relaxation in preparation for the holiday season.  What do you do to relax?  I love going to the beach, but it’s 3 hours away so…  I’m open for suggestions!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Pat White aka Hope White



No comments:

Post a Comment