Summer Drinks are being talked about on the BEACH today. Here's some of our favs as authors who need libations to keep going some days...
The Whiskey Smash
Fresh Lemon Juice
Simple Syrup or Agave Syrup
The picture is a bit misleading since I used a blend of Whiskey and Rye, an all Rye version is fantastic as well. Either muddle the Mint at the bottom of the glass or give it a good clap between your hands to release the oils. Fill the glass with ice and fill it 2/3 with Lemon Juice (about 3-4 lemons) and 1/3 Whiskey. It is pretty tart as is so a shot of Simple Syrup helps to balance out the cocktail.
- 2 oz. Material Vodka
- 75 oz. Lemon Juice
- 75 oz. Lavender Mint Syrup
- 5 oz. St. Germain
- Combine vodka, lemon juice, lavender mint syrup and St. Germain in shaker with ice.
- Shake for 20 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a cherry blossom sprig
2 ounces silver tequila
2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
½ ounce fresh lime juice
¼ ounce St. Germain
¼ ounce simple syrup
Lime or grapefruit wheel, for garnish
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the tequila with the grapefruit juice, lime juice, St. Germain and simple syrup. Shake well and strain into an ice-filled bucket glass. Serve immediately, garnished with a lime or grapefruit wheel.
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice (about 4 to 6 limes)
- 1/4 c. agave
- 1/3 c. fresh mint leaves
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1/2 c. light rum
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Add the lime juice, agave, mint leaves, lime zest, and rum to a blender. Blend until smooth. Fill the blender to top with ice and blend until slushy.
- Pour into glasses, garnishing each with a sprig of mint and a lime slice.